Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Jinxed It.


Last week I was lamenting for my fellow Americans in the Gulf Coast, and pondering the impact that such a disaster could have on Michigan. Looks like I jinxed it. We're about to find out. Right now 800,000+ gallons of oil have flowed into the Kalamazoo River. The Kalamazoo River flows into Lake Michigan.

When are we going to come together and put greed aside and think about the future of our planet?

Americans talk about how hard it is to break our addiction to oil, it can't be done. I understand it is difficult. A lot of things in life have been. America was built on a history of hard.

History proves THAT is when Americans rose to the occassion. We've crossed formidable oceans to start new lives, we've stopped incurable diseases, we stepped foot on the moon. People said it couldn't be done, but we proved them wrong.

Now we are at a crucial turning point in our survival as a human race. Have we given up on that can do spirit? Have we lost our ability to innovate? Have we lost our desire to care about a better life for our future generations?

Right now, I'm hanging my head in sorrow.

Follow the story here.

No comments: