Thursday, September 23, 2010

The List.

I don't think this post requires any explanation. Dream it. Live it. What's on your list?



Break into an insane asylum. / Stand in Red Square. / Walk among the ghosts of Auschwitz. / Get in the habit of grand, loving gestures. / Sail across the Atlantic, like my ancestors. / Write a novel. / Visit ancestral homes in Canada, England, France, Belgium, Netherlands, and Germany. / Light sparklers on a snowy evening. / Participate in a food fight. / Pretend for an evening the power went out. / Have a portrait done of myself in the style of my grandmother’s portrait. / Wear a large hat to a sporting event and get kicked out for it. / Walk the streets of Havana. / Use my work to improve lives. / Participate in a march on Washington DC. / Sip lemonade in a rocking chair on the front porch. / Live in another country for a year. / Write a children’s book.  / Learn to speak Italian. / Write a screenplay. / Visit all 50 states. / Read every book on my bookshelf AGAIN. / Win the Lottery. / Drive the length of old Route 66. / Leave a dollar with my dad’s name on it at the Badland’s Inland Bar. / Hold my first grandchild. / Do two pull-ups. / Eat an ice cream cone with my children. / Stand inside the Taj Mahal. / Blow bubbles with a few dozen friends on the Mackinac Bridge. / Have a croissant at a French cafĂ©. / Cross the Canadian border. / See the pyramids at sunset. / Ride a camel in the desert. / Visit Italy. / Drink more vino. / Develop the practice of walking. / Create a photo-studio. / Go a day without speaking. / Finish the projects I’ve started. / Pitch the projects I’ve started. / Learn the discipline of practicing gratitude. / Study Yoga. / Start a meditation practice. / Wake each day with a smile. / Spend more time with my family. / See all the castles of Europe. / Laugh as much as possible EVERY day. / Stand upon the Great Wall of China. / Love with all my heart. / Find beauty in each day. / Remember to breathe. 

No comments: